LSAT Test Day Checklist
Here is a list of things to remember on test day:
- Eat breakfast! The LSAT takes many hours to write.
- Bring a snack and a beverage for the breaks between sections.
- Wear multiple layers, so that you can put on or take off clothing to adjust
to the temperature of the testing room.
- Be sure to bring your admission ticket, multiple sharpened HB or No.
2 wooden pencils, and an ANALOG watch to keep track of time. You can also
bring a highlighter if you want to use it to highlight parts of passages,
but pens and mechanical pencils are not permitted.
- Although actual test-writing takes only three and a half hours, you will
likely be at the test centre for much longer because of delays and breaks
- LSAC is very, very strict with security and identification, in order to
avoid cheating and people writing the LSAT for others. The following rules
are strictly enforced:
- You may not carry any electronic items with you, INCLUDING CELL PHONES
AND DIGITAL WATCHES. Carrying an electronic item is grounds for disqualification.
- You must place all the items you are carrying with you into a transparent
Ziploc bag, no larger than 3.79 litres (one gallon). The following are
the only items permitted: LSAT admission ticket, valid ID, keys, wallet,
NONDIGITAL watch, medical or hygiene products, #2 or HB wooden pencils,
pencil sharpener, highlighter, eraser, tissues, snack (for the break only),
beverage (in juice box or plastic container, 591 mL maximum).